Friday, July 29, 2011

The 5 Biggest IT Security Mistakes

I was forwarded a very interesting article yesterday from Network World.

Number 4 on the list is "Not preparing for data breach".  Interesting to note, I would say this is number 1.  In my course of work as both a consultant and instructor, I am still amazed at how many companies are lacking in IT security preparedness.  What could be more important than protecting a companies assets?


I understand the need for a business to get revenue to pay the bills.  I also understand that one security breach can also cost a company revenue or even put a company under.  Being prepared for a breach and protecting from a breach are important so a company can continue to do business.  If there is an interruption in service or access to assets, it does not take long for a company to be out of business. 


Security is a hot topic right now in IT, lets hope more companies get on board....

- Tom Pruett, Cisco & Security Expert; MCT, CTT+, CISSP, CWNA, CEH, CHFI, CCSI, CCNA, MCSE LinkIn with Tom

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the above blog. The above mentioned information sharing by you is true. I noticed also then I told to my colleague .Now we check the things in the system.
    what is a digital signature

    ReplyDelete