Friday, July 29, 2011

"I want to get my CISSP!"


Earlier this week I got an email from a student who asked me how they would go about getting their CISSP.  I have had the student in several of my OS and Security classes and knew the student had years of experience in network administration and hardening operating systems.

Here is a list of things you will need before you begin your assault on the top security certification.


1.)  At least 5 years in IT experience, either in administration, infrastructure engineering or security.  The more experience the better.


2.)  A desire to study and learn about things you have never had experience with in the field.  No one who ever takes this exam has experience with all the concepts.


3.)  The
Shon Harris All-In-One Guide.

The first thing to do is go out to
ISC2 website and download the information about the test and information about the 10 Common Bodies of Knowledge.

The next thing I would do is seriously think about taking a cert prep course with an experience CISSP instructor.  Yes that is a shameless plug, but students who have taken my course at
Centriq and studied 3-6 months have a pass rate of about 80%.  I believe an experienced instructor not only will help with prepping the student with the information for the exam but also in taking the exam.

The next scheduled exam for the Kansas City area is in December.  So if you can come take my Security Essentials (CISSP prep course) and study for a few months, I am sure you can achieve your CISSP.


If you have any questions please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and good luck!


- Tom Pruett, Cisco & Security Expert; MCT, CTT+, CISSP, CWNA, CEH, CHFI, CCSI, CCNA, MCSE LinkIn with Tom

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you



    CISSP

    ReplyDelete